Word of the Day: Cimmerian
Defintion: (adj, noun)
1) very dark; gloomy: deep, Cimmerian caverns.
2) Classical Mythology. of, relating to, or suggestive of a western people believed to dwell in perpetual darkness.
3) (Greek myth) one of a people who lived in a land of darkness at the edge of the world
4) relating to or denoting members of an ancient nomadic people who overran Asia Minor in the 7th century BC.
5) (Greek myth) relating to or denoting members of a mythical people who lived in perpetual mist and darkness near the land of the dead.
Etymology: [1590–1600; < Latin Cimmeri(us) < Greek Kimmérioi a mythical people mentioned in the Odyssey who lived where the sun never shone]